Northwestern College – A School Of Business
Enrolling in a business program is more than an opportunity to learn about the corporate world and your future place in it—it’s a chance to network, explore your options, and grow as an individual.
The friends you meet here will become your coworkers and contacts. The instructors you learn from have ties to area businesses. And the Northwestern College name means something when it comes time to fill out your resume.
A college like ours provides great opportunities for first-time students, adult learners, and those who simply want to figure out what comes next in their lives. Because you get a solid education from the start, you can rest assured that your skills match those expected in the real working world. And because we work with area employers to determine what kinds of skills they expect from an associate’s degree in business, we tailor our programs to match.
Business Programs at Northwestern College
Our curriculum has been designed by those currently in the hiring pool to reinforce the core values of the modern-day business. We offer associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in business.
- Business Administration Associate Degree: Bringing together business principles, accounting, and computer applications, the business administration degree is intended to provide a solid foundation for success.
- Business Administration (HRM) Bachelor’s Degree: Learn HR-specific areas like workplace health & safety, strategic staffing, organizational leadership, compensation & benefits, employment law, training & development, and HR information systems, and more.
- Business Administration (Logistics/SCM) Bachelor’s Degree: Discover areas in supply chain management, principles of transportation, purchasing & materials management, transportation economics, production quality & control, and professional selling.
Northwestern College prides itself on providing relevant and up-to-date curriculum to its students. We make sure that our courses are on par with current business practices and the business culture today. To ensure the quality of our education, we carefully choose faculty members who have extensive knowledge in a specific field, many of whom currently work in the industry they teach.
Northwestern College’s associate degree program in business administration is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). One of the requirements of accreditation is the completion of a biennial report. Northwestern College completed its latest report in September 2016. Assessment of student outcomes and results for organizational effectiveness are components of the biennial report and may be viewed by clicking on the link below.
That’s why, no matter which of the programs you choose, you’ll be offered a quality education that:
- Enhances your business knowledge
- Strengthens your critical thinking ability
- Develops your communication skills
- Provides specialized industry information relative to your chosen field
School of Commerce Credentials
The Business Administration Associate in Applied Science Degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66213, (913) 339-9356, www.acbsp.org
Northwestern College is approved for veterans training under the G.I. Bill for Veterans Educational Assistance.
Northwestern College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 S. LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, (312) 263-0456, www.hlcommission.org.
A good business program is more than an education – it’s a catalyst for your career growth. And Northwestern College is committed to your growth right from the start.