Healthcare Programs at Northwestern College
When it comes to choosing a healthcare program in the Chicago area, you want a quality educational experience that puts you on the path to success.
As one of the most innovative and vital industries in the market, healthcare comes with a unique set of requirements when it comes to employment. Regulations regarding licensing and certification require that everyone employed in the field has the proper training and qualifications. An extensive interview process asks the hard questions about your experience and goals. And when it comes time to prove yourself on the job, your education will quickly determine how fast and far you’ll be able to go.
Start strong in your new career by getting the education and training you need right from the start.
Northwestern College specializes in equipping students with the required skill sets to become employed at area hospitals, doctors’ offices, healthcare facilities, and more. Even better—we offer this training in an atmosphere that encourages personal growth and provides continued opportunities for success long after you graduate.
Quick Note: Many of the Northwestern Alumni are practicing in Health Care Industry in many regions of U.S.A.
Available Healthcare Programs
The School of Health Sciences at Northwestern College, provides a wide range of healthcare programs that can be completed in two years or less.
With flexible scheduling options to suit your lifestyle and payment plans that make sense for the modern student, we work hard to ensure that you never have to sacrifice your dreams and goals for the future.
- Coding Specialist Certificate: Build on an existing medical records career or start a new one by pursuing our coding certificate program.
- Medical Assisting Certificate: Graduates of the medical assistant certificate program are eligible to sit for the AMT RMA exam.
- Health Information Technology Degree: A growing field that combines healthcare, administration, and IT systems to manage and report health care data.
- Radiologic Technology Degree: This program educates students in the use of x-ray radiation to perform a wide variety of procedures for use in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, diseases, and injuries.
- Dental Assisting Certificate: Dental assistants are allied health professionals specifically trained to work in dental settings, such as dental offices, clinics and group practices. They perform many tasks, ranging from patient care and taking x- rays to recordkeeping and scheduling appointments.
- Medical Insurance Billing Specialist: Students learn skills for completing claim forms, assisting healthcare consumers and providers with insurance questions, verifying insurance coverage, obtaining pre-authorization and verification, and submitting electronic claims.
Nurses are the foundation of every healthcare organization, from hospitals and clinics to private nursing facilities. As a nurse, you’re the individual who patients trust to provide hands-on care, and you’re the professional who works as a liaison between patients and the entire healthcare community.
Feel confident in your career and in your future by choosing a healthcare school that understands what it means to help you succeed. From the day you walk through our doors, you’ll be taking a journey toward a better, stronger future—and we’ll be right there alongside you every step of the way.