Northwestern College will host the 2023 Commencement Ceremony on Friday, June 16, 2023.
Congratulations to all graduating students! It’s been an honor being part of your journey as you have worked hard to get here. Our mission at NC is to ensure this day is memorable for you, your family, and your friends. For that reason, we have developed this website for everything Commencement related. The website will continue to be updated with Commencement 2023 deadlines and information, so please check back periodically.
Save the Date
Graduation Cap Decoration Contest
Attention Graduates! Get creative and participate in the Graduation Cap Decorating Contest for a chance to win!
Entries will be accepted until Friday, June 16, 2023.
Official Contest Rules and Details
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, simply post a photo of your decorated graduation cap using #NC2023Grad and tag us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, or email directly to [email protected] on or before June 16, 2023.
One winner will be selected by NC's Commencement Committee based on quality, creativity and originality. Winner will be announced June 21 on our social media, website, and by direct message.
- Participants must be Northwestern College graduates in the class of 2023 to be eligible to enter.
- Only one submission will be accepted per graduate.
- Graduates' entries must be entirely original, created by them, and must not violate third-party rights.
- Submissions that are offensive or disrespectful won't be considered for prizes.
- By participating in this contest, you grant NC permission to use your entire submitted photo and content for design, marketing, advertising, and communications purposes.
Now that you ordered your cap and gown, it is time to pick up your tickets for your guests to celebrate with you on your day.
Graduates can pick up their tickets from Student Records located on the second floor beginning Monday, June 5, through Thursday, June 15 (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.). Campus is closed on Fridays.
Ordering Cap and Gown
All graduates are required to pay the $100 graduation fee in order to receive the link to order their cap and gown, and attend the Commencement Ceremony. Please contact Records at 708-237-5050 ext. 2842 to make the payment over the phone.
Once the $100 graduation fee is paid, Records will forward you a link to order a cap and gown. The last day to order a cap and gown is May 23.
All graduates are required to complete the following steps in order to receive their diploma or certificate. This includes the following:
- FINANCIAL AID – This step cannot be completed until the last week of your last quarter. Please visit studentloans.gov to complete your exit counseling. Once you log in, the exit counseling option will be under the “Manage Loans” tab; please contact the Financial Aid Department at [email protected] for further assistance if needed.
- BUSINESS OFFICE – School tuition and fees must be paid in full in order to receive your diploma or certificate. The Business Office will not release your degree if your account has gone delinquent.
- RECORDS OFFICE – Pay the $100 graduation fee, which covers all graduation costs, including diploma printing. Please contact [email protected] and provide a phone number that you can be contacted at for payment over the phone.
Once all steps are complete, please contact [email protected] so that we can verify completion of the steps above.