- Databases by Subject
- List of Library Databases
- EBSCOhost — Full-text articles from scholarly journals, newspapers, and e-books in wide-ranging subjects.
- FirstSearch — Search materials available in the Schumacher library and other libraries around the world. If you find books you need that are available in or out of state, we can borrow them through Interlibrary Loan (ILL) for you.
- Hein Online
- Issues and Controversies — Provides in-depth investigations of today’s top issues. Topics covered include politics, business, government and society, family and community, education, and popular culture. It is updated weekly, and includes a wire-service newsfeed that provides the latest headline stories, a video overview, and polling on a question related to the topic.
- Overdrive Ebook Collection
- ProQuest — Access to archive, periodical databases, and scholarly collections in multiple fields. Subjects range from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and more.
- Salem Health — Up-to-date medical information useful for research. Full-text articles may be accessed by typing a term into the search box. Three reference sets are available (Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Magill’s Medical Guide, and Psychology & Mental Health) which offer alphabetized lists of subject headings.
Need help using the databases? Can’t remember what the passwords are? Ask a librarian! We are happy to assist you! Please stop in and see us or contact us using the information below.
7725 S. Harlem Ave.
708-237-5000 ext. 2636 (Library Staff) or 2629 (Sarah Dulay, Library Director);