COVID-19 Updates

Making College Affordable



Grants are need-based awards funded by the federal or state government. Grants are funds that do not require repayment.

Pell Grant

A Federal Pell Grant is awarded based on financial need from your FAFSA application. Federal Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is for eligible undergraduate students who will receive Pell Grants and have exceptional financial need. Consideration for a FSEOG will be given first to students with the lowest expected family contribution from their FAFSA application and have a need to help pay down that terms balance.

Illinois Grant Programs

Illinois Monetary Award Program (MAP) Grant

Recipients of a MAP Grant must be Illinois residents (if you are a dependent student, your parent(s) must be Illinois residents), actively pursuing an undergraduate program of study, and be enrolled in at least four quarter credit hours. The MAP Grant is awarded based on the Illinois Student Assistance Commission’s comprehensive review of the family’s financial situation and cost of attending the college as well as state funding authorization. To be considered for this grant, the applicant must complete a FAFSA prior to the deadline specified by the State of Illinois.

All students must meet the following general eligibility requirements:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
  • Have received a high school diploma or GED;
  • Be enrolled in classes leading to a U.S. Department of Education approved certificate or degree; (Students may check with the Financial Aid Office if they have questions regarding approved degrees and/or certificates.)
  • Not be in default on a federal student loan;
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress;
  • Have resided in the state of Illinois for at least one year prior to the start of the academic school year. Proof of Illinois residency is required before a MAP Grant is awarded. Parents of dependent students must also be Illinois residents.

Illinois students also have access to many other types of grants. Clicking on the links below will take you to external websites containing more information on each program.

ISAC Grants for Dependents of Police Fire and Correctional Officers

Bridgeview 1.708.237.5000 - 7725 S. Harlem Ave. Bridgeview, IL 60455