Northwestern College is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Northwestern College takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Northwestern College:
- We have engaged a third-party accessibility firm, The National Digital Disabilities Association (NDDA), to help in our effort to increase our accessibility for all users.
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Northwestern College is fully conformant with 21-conformance level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Northwestern College. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Northwestern College:
E-mail: [email protected]
We try to respond to feedback within 1 business day.
Accessibility of Northwestern College relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Northwestern College assessed the accessibility of Northwestern College by the following approaches:
- External review with NDDA
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about this accessibility statement and practices, please send us an e-mail at [email protected].