Our Campus in Oak Lawn, IL
Part of a great college education includes access to numerous facilities on campus that complement the learning experience. At Northwestern College, our campus in Oak Lawn, IL, provides students in the greater Chicago area with beautiful classrooms, laboratories, and several areas for studying and socializing with peers. Additionally, the campus is near restaurants, stores, and other services students need throughout the week.
A Prime Location
Resting at the intersection of Cicero Ave and 95th St, the Northwestern College campus is a central hub for students in the suburbs of Southwest Chicago and those living in the communities around Midway Airport.
Students can easily access the campus using the Pace Suburban Bus public transportation system or the Metra SouthWest Service line. This train line stops about two miles from the campus at the Oak Lawn station. For students who drive themselves, we also have a lot on-site with free parking for more than 300 cars.
A primary focus at Northwestern College is providing a career-oriented education that empowers students to begin journeys in rewarding, lifelong professions. In addition to classrooms, our campus features the following:
- Computer labs
- Medical labs
- A state-of-the-art nursing lab
- Radiography lab
- Dental lab
- Large, modern student lounge with ample table space for single and group studying and custom vending machines for snacks, light meals, and cold and hot beverages
Northwestern College was founded in 1902 and opened its new Oak Lawn campus in August 2022. The Oak Lawn campus continues to undergo renovations to include more offerings for the student body.
Amenities Near Oak Lawn, IL
Having vital services close to the campus is highly convenient for busy college students. At Northwestern College, our campus is close to several key businesses, such as Chicago Ridge Mall. Residents throughout Southwest Chicagoland rely on the mall for their shopping needs, including clothing, entertainment, dining, and even fresh groceries.
Other establishments along Cicero Avenue and 95th St. include:
- Popular chain restaurants
- Fast casual eating
- Grocery stores
- Hair and nail salons
- Walmart, Target, and similar stores
Northwestern College offers programs for students at different points in their careers. Whether you want to switch jobs, advance in your current role, or are just beginning your professional life, you will find several programs to help you achieve your goals, including:
Individuals looking to enter the healthcare sector and those already working in the medical field who wish to expand their skills should consider our certificate programs. These job-focused programs contain no general education requirements, allowing students to complete them in as little as one year. We offer certificates in the following fields of study on our Oak Lawn campus:
- Dental Assisting: This 48-hour certificate program features online and in-person classes taught by experienced instructors. Students who complete the program are eligible to take the Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) certification exam.
- Medical Assisting: This program trains students to be effective medical assistants through traditional classroom education and practical externships. Students are eligible to take the American Medical Technologists Registered Medical Assistant exam upon graduation.
An ideal way to further your career in a medical occupation is through an associate degree program. Northwestern College offers two associate programs on campus, including:
- Radiologic Technology: Students learn to become entry-level radiographers in this program, capable of successfully fulfilling duties in clinical settings. Most students complete the required 108 credit hours in just two years.
- Nursing: The Violet L. Schumacher School of Nursing provides students with the skills they need to begin a career in nursing. It offers both online lecture classes and hands-on learning through simulation labs and clinical applications.
- Students who require more flexibility with their studies may consider our online programs. These courses give you more freedom when establishing your schedule while retaining the level of quality found in the in-person programs. They foster a virtual community, enabling students to network with peers and receive regular, one-on-one feedback from instructors. Programs include:
- Health Information Technology BS: Students who have earned an associate degree in Health Information Technology from a CAHIIM-accredited program can enroll in our online bachelor’s degree program. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to sit for the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) exam.
- Health Information Technology AAS: Hospitals and medical facilities in the greater Chicago area helped design the curriculum, which contains knowledge on recent trends in health information systems and an externship for gaining practical experience. Students may also earn their medical coding certificate by enrolling in this program.
- Medical Assisting Certificate: Our online medical assisting program goes over various key topics in medical assisting, and students complete an externship to gain real-world experience in the role. Students also access innovative simulation labs for gaining clinical experience.
Please note: Online programs are available only in select states. Prospective students can review our map to determine which programs they may enroll in.
Begin Your Higher Education Journey at Northwestern College
Students throughout Oak Lawn, IL, and the greater Chicago area rely on Northwestern College for a career-focused education that enables them to seek jobs in their desired fields. Request information today to learn more about Northwestern College or visit the campus at 9400 S. Cicero Ave., Oak Lawn, IL, 60453.